In early February, we’re now less than two weeks away from the 2023 NBOA Annual Meeting! More than 1,000 business and operational leaders in PK-12 independent school education will gather at the JW Marriott Los Angeles L.A. LIVE. In addition to outstanding professional development, participants will commemorate NBOA’s silver anniversary and 25 years of advancing business and operations excellence.
Dozens of concurrent and deep dive sessions from industry leaders will provide unparalleled insights, while keynote speakers will dazzle and inspire. Business officers, heads of school, and school staff in every area of operations, including finance, human resources, facilities and IT, will find something to learn for this year and perhaps the next 25 years to come.
Here are some of the most anticipated sessions at the 2023 NBOA Annual Meeting:
In-Person Preconference Workshops
Sunday, February 23, 1:30-4:30 p.m. — separate registration required
- Inclusion as a Hiring and Retention Strategy
- Effective Financial Aid Strategy and Execution
- Keynote speaker Suneel Gupta (Monday, February 20, 8:15-10:00 a.m.)
- NBOA Awards Lunch speaker Nyle DiMarco (Tuesday, February 21, 11:45 a.m.-2:15 p.m.)
- NBOA Breakfast speaker Erin Gruwell (Wednesday, February 23, 7:30-10:00 a.m.)
These longer sessions offer opportunities to learn from multiple perspectives and carefully consider the most critical issues for today’s independent school business office.
- A Framework To Ignite School Leadership: Vision, Alignment, Execution
- Leading Into the Future: BIG IDEAS for Independent School Innovation
- Ask An Attorney
- Institutional Structures That Advance Belonging
- Building New Social Practices for Stronger Teams
- Financial Data Storytelling, Board Reporting, and Dashboards...Oh My!
- Understanding Behavior from a Whole Brain Approach
Select Goldmine Sessions
Back by popular demand! Participants can choose between dozens of 15-minute sessions on a singular strategy, tool or insight, with opportunities to ask questions of presenters and fellow participants. Participants change tables four times in a 75-minute period. Here are few examples:
- Cybersecurity: What You Don't Know Will Hurt Your Organization
- Housing Assistance Benefits for Employees
- Summer Melt: Using Technology To Improve Retention and Financial Stewardship
- More Flies With Honey: Celebrating School Employees
NBOA Meeting On-Demand
If you are unable to join us in person, you can experience the unparalleled lineup of learning sessions from the comfort of your own desk with NBOA Annual Meeting: On-Demand. All keynote, deep dive and concurrent sessions will be recorded and made available in March. On-demand access is included with in-person registration. Continuing education credits are only available for in-person learning.