The 2022 NBOA Annual Meeting is set to begin February 20 at the Marriott Marquis in Chicago. For the first time in two years, independent school business professionals, heads of school and business partners will gather in-person for professional development sessions, networking and collegial exchange. This year’s theme of Elevate! looks to address how school leaders can continue to maximize innovative approaches to finance, operations, HR and accounting to improve their schools’ operational excellence and create sustainable growth.
Here's a closer look at what to expect:
Expanded Digital Offerings
For the first time ever, Annual Meeting attendees and Digital Pass holders can jumpstart their learning before the live meeting begins. Pre-recorded, digital-first sessions are available for viewing right now. In addition, we’ll be recording most keynote and deep dive sessions and making them available to both in-person and Digital Pass attendees on-demand shortly after the Annual Meeting concludes.
The Digital Pass also opens gateways to networking: both virtual and in-person attendees can connect through online discussion boards, attendee-to-attendee messaging and a virtual fun run, where you can "race" against fellow attendees.
New Cohort Receptions
In-person attendees can kick off the Annual Meeting experience by connecting with fellow attendees who have similar job duties, school missions or communities. Cohort receptions take place before the opening reception on Sunday, February 20. This year, cohorts will be:
- Boarding Schools
- NEW Day Schools
- Human Resources
- New Business Officers (< 5 years)
- Experienced Business Officers
- NEW People of Color
- Keynote Speaker Jade Simmons (Monday, February 21, 8:15-10:00 a.m. CT)
- NBOA Awards Lunch speaker Ben Nemtin (Tuesday, February 22, 11:45 a.m.-2:15 p.m. CT)
- NBOA Breakfast Speaker Derrick Gay (Wednesday, February 23, 8:45-10:00 a.m. CT)
Plus, following his breakfast keynote presentation, Derrick Gay will continue the conversation during a deep dive, “Reframing Diversity to Drive Equity and Inclusion” (10:30 a.m.-11:50 a.m. CT).Jade Simmons Annual Meeting Preview
Selected Deep Dives
- Affordability & Accessibility: A Conversation with Heather Hoerle and Jeff Shields
- Business Leadership and the Future of Independent Schools: Exploring the "What If?"
- The Art of Strategic Thinking and Planning: A Post-COVID Reboot
- From Gatekeeping To Changemaking: Practices To Cultivate Communities of Belonging
- An Institutional Commitment to Anti-Racism in Endowment Management